Friday, September 23, 2005

Mother, Again

Mario said...
Mother, I feel like I'm falling back into old habits. The past two days I've been super excited and riding this high. But I feel it already subsiding and I dont want that to happen again. I get really depressed over the winter and I dont want that to happen again. I realize that and I acknowledge that but the thing is, I feel like in the last two days I've needed attention so badly, and that I'm doing things falling into the same things that I've done before to fit in. I know its not right, and I want to know if you have any advice on how to be myself and stay myself and not change to make people laugh or like "me." SO what can I do? How can I stay
true to myself?


"When the winter months and the holidays start to come, people naturally start to feel stress. With the holidays, it's a time for families and gatherings, and a lot of times that means stress to people. For example, if you've lost weight, and you've worked on losing weight all summer, and you know the holidays are around the corner, just thinking about it tends to frighten people that they will slip back into there old habits. The sun doesn't shine as much, and there's more rain and snow keeping you inside and so you feel more depressed. This is the time that you should listen to positive music--no 50 Cent! The Rascals are very upbeat.

For attention you need to surround yourself with people who share your interests--how about ballroom dance lessons? Don't laugh! You are tall so you would be great at it. I recommend that you watch Shall We Dance with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. The character in there is has a great life, but he feels guilty for wanting something more.

According to Super Nanny Jojo, when you are feeling neglected, you need to go to your parents and say, "I'm not getting enough attention! Can you focus on me for awhile?" If you don't tell them, how will they know? Try to give them a chance.

As a mother, I would want my children to come to me, for whatever is bothering them so that I can help fix it.

You have to have self-confidence; you have to believe in yourself before you can expect others to. Who says you have to fit in? You need to learn to be a leader instead of a follower! You have to replace a negative habit (like smoking, etc.) with a good habit (like running when you wanted to smoke, or reading). Gradually the new habit will replace the old one. If your habit is falling into a depression during winter, you need to make a conscious effort to recognize when it happens, and change the behaviors. If your pattern is to please others but compromise yourself, same thing.

Look in the mirror everyday and say, " I love myself. I am worth it. I was created in His image, and I am loved." And be happy:)

--The Mother"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home